There are a number of organizations out there available to help youth with alcohol problems. They are:
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS): A service available nationwide for 24 hour telephone counselling for alcohol or drug related topics. Contact details for each state can be found here.
- Kids Helpline: This helpline is available for discussing your issues if you ever need help with anything including alcohol dependence. Their motto is ‘We Care, We Listen’. Their number is 1800 55 1800.
- Headspace: Headspace has a number of services available including alcohol and drug support. At their offices they have doctors annd counsellors specifically available for people aged 12-25. Head to headspace.org.au for more info
- Drinkwise: Provides some simple info about alcohol consumption. Check it out at drinkwise.org.au
- Alcoholics Anonymous: AA has monthly meetings everywhere across Australia for alcoholics. It’s a place for anyone to discuss their addiction to alcohol and work towards a solution to their addiction with others. Check it out at www.aa.org.au